Litton Andrews (LA Medical Recruitment) – providing a Total Medical/Healthcare Recruitment and Consultancy Service with the best staffing, practice and business solutions.
Our client, a well respected and established Surgical Specialist located in Greenslopes is actively seeking to appoint an experience permanent part time Surgical Specialist Secretary/Typist to join the admin team. This position is to replace a long term retiring Secretary/Typist.
You will work alongside a full time Senior Specialist Secretary and a part time Medical Secretary, as part of a team environment and provide both administration and typing support to a busy solo Surgeon and multi-disciplinary team.
The practice is committed to excellence and prides itself on ensuring all patients receive the best possible care and service in a professional, friendly and compassionate manner. This is a busy position, so it is critical that you have appropriate skills and enjoy working cohesively within a small and supportive team in a fast paced environment.
Key duties and responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Front desk reception - taking all incoming calls and attending to emails with a pleasant, empathetic and mature manner
- Assisting all patients with general enquiries
- Booking appointments and managing multiple calendars using Genie software
- Ensuring smooth running of consulting clinics
- Processing patient billing and receipting
- Processing all inpatient and surgery billing using Eclipse
- Maintaining accurate patient records - uploading results and reports daily
- Medical typing - transcription of all medical correspondence
- Preparing theatre quotations and booking theatre procedures
- Liaising closely with the hospital staff and patients to confirm theatre lists
- Providing the patients the relevant information and theatre packs to prepare them for surgery
- Assisting patients with bookings or other required appointments such as tests/scans/x-rays etc
- General administrative support to the team
To be closely considered for this position you will have the following skills/attributes:
- Experience working in a similar position (preferably within a surgical specialist practice)
- Experience booking procedures and liaising with hospitals
- Confident user of Genie software or other similar medical software platforms
- Experienced and proficient Medical Typist - solid knowledge of medical terminology
- Ability to work cohesively within a team environment following practice procedures
- Excellent communication and organisational skills - both verbal and written
- Competent administration and computer/IT skills
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently when running busy clinics
- Exceptional patient rapport building skills
- Professional, kind, friendly, warm and compassionate personality towards the patients and your fellow colleagues
- Immaculate personal presentation
An attractive hourly rate + superannuation as well as a paid car park will be provided to a suitably experienced candidate. Flexibility to work overtime if required as well as the ability to fill in for other staff during sick or annual leave periods will be a requirement of the position.
If you are looking to join a friendly and supportive team, you won't want to miss this opportunity! Email your application in confidence today to email@example.com or call Cathy Litton directly on 1300 434 133 or 0422 888 040 a/hours.
To view a full listing of our temporary and permanent vacancies, visit us at www.littonandrews.com