Surgical Bookings Coordinator
LA Medical Recruitment (Litton Andrews) – providing a Total Medical/Healthcare Recruitment and Consultancy Service with the best staffing, practice and business solutions.
Our client, an established and very busy surgical specialist practice is actively seeking to appoint a highly experienced Surgical Bookings Coordinator to join their Brisbane team. Working closely with the Practice Manager, this practice adheres to the highest of standards for their staff and patients.
This is a full time permanent position working 8:30am to 4:30pm Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm Thursdays.
You will have a comprehensive background in medical administration (preferably coming from a surgical specialist), having advanced written and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to self-manage, prioritise and multi-task.
Key duties and responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Taking incoming telephone calls and assisting patients with general enquiries
- Booking patient appointments, preparing patient clinics (including the preparation of patient charts)
- Managing busy clinics and processing all patient consultation billing
- Providing relief medical typing support (for any urgent letters/documents)
- Preparing surgery quotations
- Ordering the required equipment for surgical procedures
- Booking surgery and any pre & post op appointments
- Providing assistance to the Practice Manager with surgery billing from time to time.
To ensure your success it is essential you can demonstrate experience as a Medical Receptionist/Secretary and ideally have a working knowledge of Shexie (or Genie) software. You will be naturally people focused and enjoy working in a practice that holds itself to account for ensuring all patients receive the best possible service, empathy and care. This is a busy position, so critical you feel confident working in a fast paced setting.
An hourly rate between $30 - $35 p/hour + super will be offered to a suitably experienced candidate.
If you are looking to join a friendly and supportive team, you won't want to miss this opportunity! Email your application in confidence today to email@example.com or call Cathy Litton directly on 1300 434 133 or
To view a full listing of our temporary and permanent vacancies, visit us at www.littonandrews.com
Cathy Litton / Sally Andrews
Level 4, Watkins Medical Centre
225 Wickham Terrace
Spring Hill Qld 4000