Litton Andrews (LA Medical Recruitment) providing a Total Medical/Healthcare Recruitment and Consultancy Service with the best staffing, practice and business solutions.
Our client, a well respected and established private specialist practice located along Wickham Terrace is actively seeking to appoint a permanent Medical Secretary to work a 32 hour week (across 4 days).
The practice aims to provide the highest level of care to their patients. This position will provide support to the Practice Coordinator and Specialists within the group across all aspects of day to day clinic reception, patient administration and medical typing.
Your day to day responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Managing all patient appointments and incoming telephone calls to the practice
- Ensuring patient confirmation of appointments are delivered to the patients in a timely manner and followed up
- Preparing and running patient clinics
- Billing and receipting for patient consultations
- Assisting patients with general enquiries
- Typing of medical correspondence
- Diary management for all Specialists within the group
- General office administration to the Practice Coordinator and assisting with ad-hoc projects from time to time.
To be closely considered for this position, you will have:
- Previous experience of at least 2 years working within a private specialist practice in a similar position
- Experience using medical software platforms (any experience using VIP software will be viewed favourably)
- Clear communication and interpersonal skills
- Immaculate personal presentation
- The ability to work effectively and cohesively within a high functioning team environment
- Enjoy taking ownership and responsibility for your work and seeing a task through to completion
- Strong organisational and time management skills
A generous hourly rate will be on offer to a suitably experienced candidate. Candidates seeking casual and/or part time permanent employment are strongly encouraged to apply.
For further information about this position, please contact Cathy Litton today on 1300 434 133 or 0422 888 040 (a/hours). All applications should be directed in the first instance to firstname.lastname@example.org