Litton Andrews (LA Medical Recruitment) providing a Total Medical/Healthcare Recruitment and Consultancy Service with the best staffing, practice and business solutions.
Our client, an established solo surgical specialist practice located along Wickham Terrace in Spring Hill is actively seeking to find an experienced Senior Medical Secretary/Typist to join their team.
This is a permanent position offering the right candidate a 4 day week or a 9 day fortnight. The practice does require some flexibility around the hours, some early starts (7:30am) and later clinic finishes (6:30pm) however this is to be shared across yourself and another long term staff member of the practice.
Your day to day responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Taking incoming telephone calls in a timely manner
- Booking patient appointments, providing theatre quotations and assisting patients with general enquiries
- Preparing and running patient clinics
- Billing and receipting for patient consultations (Medicare online claiming, DVA and Medicare bulk bill transmissions, outpatient and hospital billing)
- Diary management
- Liaising with hospital staff, preparing and sending theatre lists
- Managing practice correspondence through Medical Objects
- Importing AMA fees and updating fee schedules
- Typing of all medical correspondence (between 80 - 100 letters a week)
- General administrative and secretarial support as required by the Surgeon.
To be closely considered for this position, you will have:
- A confident persona with exceptional written and verbal communication skills who can calmly juggle competing priorities
- At least 5 years experience working in a similar position within a private surgical specialist practice
- Experience using Genie software as well as proficiency operating with a MAC platform
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- High level of attention to detail and organisational skills
- Fast and accurate transcription skills
- The ability to multitask and work in a fast paced environment is a must
- A people person, demonstrating patience, empathy and respect along with the ability to communicate to patients with maturity
- A positive work ethic and ability to work within a team environment.
A generous salary, professional working environment, flexibility with days and hours along with a paid car park will be offered to a suitably experienced candidate.
For further information about this position, please contact Cathy Litton today on 1300 434 133 or 0422 888 040 (a/hours). All applications should be directed in the first instance to email@example.com