Senior Medical Secretary/Typist - Surgical Specialist Practice
Litton Andrews (LA Medical Recruitment) providing a Total Medical/Healthcare Recruitment and Consultancy Service with the best staffing, practice and business solutions.
An exciting opportunity has presented with our client, a well respected and expanding surgical specialist practice located in South Brisbane. We are actively looking for an experienced Senior Medical Secretary who will become a pivotal part of the Brisbane team by providing 1:1 support to a very busy Surgeon.
The practice offers a modern working environment, stable staff tenure, experienced and supportive management as well as further education and career advancement opportunities for the right people.
This position will primarily provide secretarial and typing support to one of the groups most senior Surgeons.
Key duties and responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Taking incoming telephone calls and attending to daily email correspondence, providing prompt assistance to patients with general enquiries
- Managing the day to day operations of the Surgeons private practice with public commitments
- Providing medical reception, secretarial and typing support to the Surgeon and other respective team members as required
- Managing the diary appointments
- Booking patient appointments, preparing and running patient clinics
- Preparing surgery quotations and booking surgery procedures
- Liaising closely with multiple Healthfunds, DVA and Medicare
- Processing of all patient accounts for both consultations, telehealth and surgical procedures (Eclipse billing)
- Liaising with hospital staff and other medical professionals involved with patient care (including Surgical Assistants and Anaesthetists)
- Typing of all medical correspondence and providing relief medical administrative support to your colleagues from time to time.
The successful candidate will be a highly experienced Senior Medical Secretary who has extensive experience working within a surgical specialist environment using Genie software. Together with a solid knowledge of medical terminology and the ability to work cohesively within a high functioning team is vital to your success. You will naturally take accountability and ownership of your role and enjoy working within a small and supportive team environment.
This position is full time with flexibility to work either a 38 or 40 hour week across 5 days (Monday to Friday), 9:30am to 6:00pm or 8:30am to 5:00pm.
A generous salary will be negotiated with the successful candidate including access to car parking.
For further information about this position, please contact Cathy Litton today on
Cathy Litton / Sally Andrews
Level 4, Watkins Medical Centre
225 Wickham Terrace, Spring Hill