Senior Medical Secretary/Typist - Psychiatry & Pain Management
LA Medical Recruitment – providing a Total Medical/Healthcare Recruitment and Consultancy Service with the best staffing, practice and business solutions.
Our client, a well respected and established Psychiatry and Pain Management Specialist located along Wickham Terrace is actively seeking to appoint a highly experienced and mature minded Senior Medical Secretary/Typist to join them as they move into their new practice. This position will be best suited to a Secretary/Typist seeking a solo practice who enjoys autonomy and responsibility.
The position will offer the right candidate a permanent part time position working Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 9am to 4pm each day. Ideally you will be available to commence employment from the 29th June 2020.
Key duties and responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Meet and greet patients visiting the practice
- Taking incoming calls, assisting patients with general enquiries and taking detailed messages as required
- Front desk support - running patient clinics, processing patient billing/receipting and booking patient appointments
- Maintaining appearance of front office and patient waiting room
- Typing of all medical correspondence and patient reports
- Managing the patient billing and receipting (using Medilink software)
- Maintaining accuracy of information to patient charts
- General administrative support to the Physician as required
You will be well presented, confident and have a high standard of communication both verbally and written.
To be closely considered, you will need:
- Previous experience working within a specialist practice essential, as is your exposure and understanding of medical software programs (ie; Medilink or Genie)
- Be a proactive person with the ability to think on your feet and anticipate and act on potential urgent matters that could impact on the Physicians day
- Have exceptional interpersonal skills with a genuine commitment to providing a respectful and empathetic manner towards the patients visiting this practice
- Proven attention to detail and high levels of accuracy with the ability to juggle multiple priorities and competing demands
- A solid understanding of patient confidentiality
- Fast and accurate medical transcription skills
A generous hourly rate between $33 - $35 p/hour + super will be offered to the successful candidate (depending on recent and relevant skills and experience).
For further information about this position, please contact Cathy Litton today on 1300 434 133 or 0422 888 040 (a/hours). All applications should be directed in the first instance to email@example.com
To view a full listing of our temporary and permanent vacancies, visit us at www.littonandrews.com
Cathy Litton / Sally Andrews
Level 4, Watkins Medical Centre
225 Wickham Terrace
Spring Hill Qld 4000
T: 1300 434 133
M: 0422 888 040 a/hours