Our client, a well respected solo surgical specialist practice based at South Brisbane is actively seeking to appoint an experienced Senior Medical Secretary to join their team. Supported by another part time Medical Secretary and Medical Administrator you will join a surgical practice with a reputation for providing the highest quality patient care whilst working within a small, close-knit team environment.
This is a permanent part time position, 3-4 days a week (flexibility around the days and hours will be accommodated for the right person). Ideally, you will available to work a selection of shifts between Tuesday to Friday each week.
Key duties and responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Arriving patients to the practice
- Taking all incoming telephone calls and assisting patients with general enquiries
- Preparing and running patient clinics
- Processing patient billing and receipting
- Preparing theatre quotations, booking theatre procedures and managing theatre lists
- Typing of basic medical correspondence
- Diary management for a solo surgeon who consults across multiple site locations
- Liaising closely with patients, hospital staff and referring practitioners involved with the patient care and managing the post op follow up appointments
- General day to day running of the clinics and ensuring the smooth operation of daily administration.
To be closely considered for this position, you will need:
- Previous experience working within a surgical specialist practice
- A solid understanding of Genie software
- Outstanding customer service skills
- An enthusiastic and positive 'can do' attitude
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to juggle multiple tasks and work well under pressure.
A generous hourly rate between $30 - $35 per hour + super will be offered to the right person. This position is available for an immediate start.
For further information about this position, please contact Cathy Litton today on 1300 434 133 or 0422 888 040 (a/hours). All applications should be directed in the first instance to email@example.com
Leaders in Healthcare