Senior Medical Secretary - Group Practice
Litton Andrews (LA Medical Recruitment) – providing a Total Medical/Healthcare Recruitment and Consultancy Service with the best staffing, practice and business solutions.
Our client, an established group specialist practice located around the Northern Suburbs of Brisbane has recently expanded opening new rooms at Everton Park. We are actively seeking a highly experienced Senior Medical Secretary to join the group. Based at Everton Park, you will also be required to cover at additional northside clinic locations from time to time.
This position is permanent and will offer the right candidate either full time hours (38 hours a week - Monday to Friday) or part time hours (32 hours a week - Tuesday to Friday). We are looking for a Senior Medical Secretary who prides themselves on their attention to detail and organisational skills. The group is a friendly, cohesive team who work hard to create a relaxed, professional and supportive environment for their staff and patients.
Key duties and responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Reception duties - taking all incoming telephone calls and responding to patients general enquiries
- Attending to daily email and fax correspondence in a timely manner
- Preparing and running patient clinics and managing patient consultation appointments
- Billing patients for consultations
- Preparing theatre quotes, booking theatre procedures and billing for inpatient stays and theatre procedures
- Basic secretarial support to 3 Surgeons (only consulting in the rooms one at a time)
To be closely considered for this position you will have the following skills/attributes:
- A minimum of 3 years experience as a Medical Receptionist/Secretary (preferably within a surgical specialist practice)
- Own reliable transport
- Reliability, accountability and commitment to the position
- A warm and respectful manner when interacting with staff, patients and all medical professionals
- A strong work ethic and initiative
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, with high attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- high level of computer literacy (experience using Genie software and Eclipse preferred)
An attractive hourly rate will be offered to a suitably experienced candidate along with the opportunity to work within a supportive and well rewarded team. Exciting future opportunities within the group as the Brisbane team continues to expand.
Email your application in confidence today to email@example.com or call Cathy Litton directly on (07) 3214 0000 or 0422 888 040 a/hours.
To view a full listing of our temporary and permanent vacancies, visit us at www.littonandrews.com
Litton Andrews (LA Medical Recruitment)
Level 4, Watkins Medical Centre
225 Wickham Terrace
Spring Hill Qld 4000
T: 1300 434 133
M: 0422 888 040 a/hours