Litton Andrews (LA Medical Recruitment) – providing a Total Medical/Healthcare Recruitment and Consultancy Service with the best staffing, practice and business solutions.
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Medical Secretary that is ready to take on a part time position (30 hours a week), who is passionate and enjoys the challenges and responsibility of working for one of Queensland's most well respected, established and highly successful Obstetric/IVF Fertility Specialists based in Spring Hill.
This position will be permanent part time, working 30 hours a week:
Monday/Wednesday & Friday - 7:30am to 12:30/1:00pm (with flexibility)
Tuesday & Thursday - 8:00/8:30am to 4:30/5:00pm (with flexibility)
Your key duties and responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Prepare and run patient clinics
- Manage all incoming telephone calls and general patient enquiries
- Manage all incoming patient correspondence and liaise closely with the Surgeon to ensure patients are seem in a prompt manner
- Booking patient appointments, procedures and organising theatre lists
- Invoicing and receipting of patient consultations including theatre procedures (using Genie and Eclipse billing platforms)
- Liaising with Hospital staff, Pathology, Imaging, and Fertility Clinics to coordinate patient IVF/Fertility cycles
- All general front desk reception, secretarial and administration support to the Surgeon as required
There is no medical typing required.
To be successful in this position, you will have the following attributes:
- Previous experience as a Medical Receptionist/Secretary ideally working within a private surgical specialist practice (any prior experience working in Obstetrics/IVF Fertility will be viewed favourably)
- An understanding of Genie software and Eclipse billing platforms
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Thrive working within a diverse position incorporating all aspects of reception, administration and secretarial support for a solo Surgeon
- Outstanding attention to detail
- An ability to adapt to individual work styles and varying situations, with a flexible approach to work
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- A high level of communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with people across all levels
- The ability to work autonomously
A competitive hourly rate will be offered to a suitably experienced candidate (dependent on relevant skills and experience).
To apply for this position, please email your application in the first instance to email@example.com or call Cathy directly on 0422 888 040.