Litton Andrews (LA Medical Recruitment) providing a Total Medical/Healthcare Recruitment and Consultancy Service with the best staffing, practice and business solutions.
Our client, an established and well respected surgical specialist practice is actively seeking to appoint an experienced Senior Medical Secretary to join their team. Working within this dynamic team supporting a solo surgeon, you will ensure the smooth day to day running of the practice providing high level administrative support to the surgeon and the patients whom visit this practice.
This position is full time permanent 8:30am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday with the flexibility to cover the occasional early or late clinic finish.
Your day to day responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Taking incoming telephone calls and assisting patients with general enquiries
- Booking patient appointments
- Preparing and running patient clinics
- Processing patient billing and receipting for both consultations and surgical procedures
- Preparing theatre quotations and booking theatre procedures
- Transcription typing and managing incoming and outgoing correspondence
- Managing patient post op appointments
- Ensuring the smooth day to day running of the practice
To be closely considered for this position, you will have:
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Previous experience working within a surgical specialist practice (using Genie software and Eclipse billing)
- Flexibility to cover the occasional early start or late clinic finishes
- The ability to multi-task and time manage whilst ensuring accuracy and attention to detail
- Fast and accurate transcription skills
- A genuine interest and passion for the medical/healthcare sector and providing patients with a superior level of customer service
- The ability to work autonomously as well as part of a small close-knit team environment
A generous hourly rate between $32.00 to $35.00 per hour + super will be offered to the right person. This position will commence mid January 2020.
For further information about this position, please contact Cathy Litton today on 1300 434 133 or 0422 888 040 (a/hours). All applications should be directed in the first instance to firstname.lastname@example.org