Senior Medical Receptionist/Clinic Coordinator
Litton Andrews (LA Medical Recruitment) – providing a Total Medical/Healthcare Recruitment and Consultancy Service with the best staffing, practice and business solutions.
Our client, a newly established Ophthalmology practice located in central Brisbane, specialists in cataract, complex ocular trauma, complex cataract, medical and surgical retinal care is actively seeking the expertise of a Senior Medical Receptionist/Clinic Coordinator to join their team. Reporting directly to the Business Manager and working closely with another Junior Medical Receptionist you will manage the smooth day to day operation of this surgical group.
The team of clinical and administrative staff support the Ophthalmologists in delivering the highest standard of patient care, expertise and compassion to their patients.
An exciting opportunity exists to take on a full time permanent position working 38 hours a week (Monday to Friday).
Key duties and responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Meet and greet of patients arriving to the practice for initial consultations
- Taking incoming telephone calls and assisting patients with general enquiries
- Managing the day to day email and fax correspondence ensuring a timely response
- Accurate data entry of all patient information
- Preparing and running patient clinics
- Providing theatre quotes, booking theatre procedures and billing the patients via Medicare, DVA, WorkCover and Private Health Funds
- Assisting the Surgeons and clinical team with day to day administrative support and take an active part in working closely with other team members to manage daily tasks
- Working closely with the Business Manager with practice related tasks such as staff rosters, updating clinic schedules and managing third parties such as hospitals and anaesthetists.
To be closely considered for this position you will have the following skills/attributes:
- Demonstrated experience with Genie/Gentu medical software or similar
- A well developed knowledge base of Medicare and Private Health Fund billing for both patient consultations and theatre procedures
- A previous background working in a similar position (with a preference to any prior exposure to Ophthalmology)
- Outstanding patient rapport building skills, with the ability to relate well to patients, able to remember and recall patients names and faces and communicate with a variety of healthcare professionals and external health facilities
The successful candidate for this position will exert a high level of professionalism and posses strong leadership qualities and communication skills.
A competitive salary within the range of $30 - $35 p/hour + super will be on offer to a suitably experienced candidate.
If this sounds like the position for you, please email your application in confidence today to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Cathy Litton directly on (07) 3214 0000 or 0422 888 040 a/hours.
To view a full listing of our temporary and permanent vacancies, visit us at www.littonandrews.com
Level 4, Watkins Medical Centre
225 Wickham Terrace
Spring Hill Qld 4000
T: (07) 3214 0000
M: 0422 888 040 a/hours