Litton Andrews (LA Medical Recruitment) providing a Total Medical/Healthcare Recruitment and Consultancy Service with the best staffing, practice and business solutions.
Our client, an established and reputable Ophthalmology practice located in Spring Hill is actively seeking to expand their clinical team. We are looking for a highly experienced Registered Nurse to work as part of a job share arrangement, working permanent part time - 4 days a week.
You will enjoy working within a small team setting surrounded by positive, helpful, honest and hard working colleagues. The practice pride themselves on providing the patients with an empathetic and exceptional patient experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and pleasant professional manner
- High level of personal presentation
- Computer literacy and competency - previous experience with Genie practice software is desirable
- Highly developed organisational skills, self-motivated and excellent time-management skills
- Friendly, empathetic manner in dealing with patients of the practice
- Amenable to working at differing clinic locations when and if required
- Flexibility for an early start or late finish
- The ability to assist with overflow reception duties when required
Clinical Duties and Responsibilities
- Post-operative patient follow-up including telephone-calls and or during clinic appointments
- Deliver education and support to patients of the practice in the management of their care
- Occasional triage of patients and providing advice over the phone or during the pre and post operative consultation process
- Assisting the surgeon with the co-ordination of patient clinic including but not limited to intraocular injections and other minor procedures
- Attendance at clinics for general nursing duties
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Management and maintenance of the treatment room including sterile stock and other consumables
- Ability to work both independently as well as having the skills to work within a multi-disciplinary team
- The ability to effectively prioritise in a busy multi-task environment.
- Maintain and implement triage and clinical Policies and Procedures into the practice for patient care
- Coordinating with GP's, Allied Health Specialists teams and other third parties for the effective management of patient care
- Managing and complying with infection control and sterilisation standards
- Current Registration with AHPRA
- Bachelor Degree in Nursing
- Previous nursing experience in a clinical setting (strong clinical background, previous surgical practice experience or hospital theatre experience is desirable but not essential)
- Previous Ophthalmology experience
- Commitment to Quality Patient Care and Compliance with ACQSHC National Standards
- Sound and competent decision making
- Ability to prioritise and organise effective workflow
- Able to work autonomously or as part of a team
This position will offer the right candidate a generous hourly rate, 6 month probationary period and the security of a permanent part time position within a highly supportive and friendly team environment.
For further information about this position, please contact Cathy Litton today on 1300 434 133 or 0422 888 040 (a/hours). All applications should be directed in the first instance to email@example.com