Litton Andrews (LA Medical Recruitment) – providing a Total Medical/Healthcare Recruitment and Consultancy Service with the best staffing, practice and business solutions.
Our client, a well-established private surgical specialist group located in Heidelberg Heights, Victoria are actively seeking to appoint a highly experienced full time permanent Practice Manager to join their team. The position offers variety, is hands-on as you develop, implement, manage and assess the practice's patient services and business operations in conjunction with the Directors of this group practice.
This position will offer the right candidate a permanent full time appointment (Monday to Friday), 38 hours a week. Alternatively those candidates seeking part time employment (4 days a week or a 9 day fortnight) will also be considered closely.
Key duties and responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Manage the day to day clinic operations supporting 2 ENT Surgeons and a team of 2 medical administration staff
- Oversee and provide relief to the front desk reception area during peak periods and/or staff absence
- Preparing theatre quotations and booking theatre procedures
- Managing the patient billing for inpatient/theatre procedures
- Actively participate in the staff organisation - recruitment and induction of new staff, training and appraisal of non-clinical staff and managing external agencies and service providers as required
- Analyse and develop appropriate responses to patient and staff complaints with escalation to the in-house HR or General Manager as necessary
- Manage practice electronic medical records (Genie software)
- Manage IT/communication services, equipment and service contracts
- Manage complex billing and debtor follow up in conjunction with the administration and finance team
- Ensure that infection control principles, policies and protocols are developed and adhered to by all staff and visiting patients to the practice
- General secretarial support to the 2 Surgeons and their patient base
To ensure your success you will have:
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a Senior Medical Secretary and/or Practice Management position (ideally within a private surgical specialist practice)
- Excellent written and oral skills in negotiation, delegation and patient advocacy
- Previous experience working closely within a small team of clinical and administrative staff
- Good initiative, the ability to work autonomously as well as part of a larger group practice
- Outstanding attention to detail and the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Advanced administrative and computer skills (previous exposure to Genie software and Eclipse billing platforms essential)
- Reliable, immaculately presented, confident and courteous along with the ability to remain calm in challenging situations
A competitive salary package within the range of $75,000 to $85,000 per annum plus superannuation will be offered to a suitably experienced candidate along with many other exciting employee benefits including paid car parking.
To apply for this position, please email your application in the first instance to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Cathy directly on 0422 888 040.