Litton Andrews (LA Medical Recruitment) – providing a Total Medical/Healthcare Recruitment and Consultancy Service with the best staffing, practice and business solutions.
Our client, a well-established private group specialist practice, centrally located across at the Mater, South Brisbane. Due to continued growth and success, we are looking for an experienced Practice Manager to be the main point of contact and manage the day to day clinic operations for a team of 8 Specialists. The position offers variety, is hands-on as you develop, implement, manage and assess the practice's patient services and business operations in conjunction with the Directors of this group.
This position will offer the right candidate a permanent full time appointment (Monday to Friday), 38 hours a week.
Key duties and responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Manage the day to day operations of the group and in particular the day to day running of clinics for 8 Specialists.
- Preparing and managing the practice finances in conjunction with the Bookkeeper and Accountant
- Oversee and provide relief to the front desk reception area during peak periods
- Managing all patient billing/receipting
- Actively participate in the staff organisation - recruitment and induction of new staff, training and appraisal of non-clinical staff and managing external agencies and service providers as required
- Manage practice electronic medical records (Genie software)
- Manage IT/communication services, equipment and service contracts
- Manage complex billing and debtor follow up in conjunction with the practice Directors
- Ensure that infection control principles, policies and protocols are developed and adhered to by all staff and visiting patients to the practice
- General PA/Secretarial and business management support to the 8 Specialists
To ensure your success you will have:
- A minimum of 5 years experience in Practice Management or Clinic Co-orindator position (ideally within a private specialist practice)
- Excellent written and oral skills in negotiation, delegation and patient advocacy
- Previous experience in leading and mentoring a small team
- Good initiative, the ability to work autonomously as well as part of a small team setting
- Outstanding attention to detail and the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Advanced administrative and computer skills (previous exposure to Genie software and Eclipse billing platforms ideal)
- Reliable, immaculately presented, confident and courteous along with the ability to remain calm in challenging situations
A competitive salary package will be offered to a suitably experienced candidate along with many other exciting employee benefits.
To apply for this position, please email your application in the first instance to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Cathy directly on 0422 888 040.