Litton Andrews (LA Medical Recruitment) – providing a Total Medical/Healthcare Recruitment and Consultancy Service with the best staffing, practice and business solutions.
Our client, a well-established private surgical specialist group, centrally located within the Benowa medical precinct on the Gold Coast. Due to an internal promotion within the group, we are actively seeking an experienced Practice Manager to be the main point of contact for the Gold Coast office.
The position offers variety, is hands-on as you develop, implement, manage and assess the practice's patient services and business operations in conjunction with the Directors of this group.
This position will offer the right candidate a permanent full time appointment (Monday to Friday), 38 hours a week. Alternatively those candidates seeking part time employment (4 days a week or a 9 day fortnight) will also be considered closely.
Key duties and responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Manage the day to day operations of the group and in particular the day to day running of clinics for 6 Surgeons, 5 Allied Health Professionals and a team of 10 Support Staff (Reception/Secretaries, Nurse and 2IC)
- Oversee and provide relief to the front desk reception area during peak periods
- Preparing theatre quotations and booking theatre procedures
- Managing the patient billing for inpatient/theatre procedures
- Actively participate in the staff organisation - recruitment and induction of new staff, training and appraisal of non-clinical staff and managing external agencies and service providers as required
- Analyse and develop appropriate responses to patient and staff complaints with escalation to the in-house HR or General Manager as necessary
- Manage practice electronic medical records (Genie software)
- Manage IT/communication services, equipment and service contracts
- Manage complex billing and debtor follow up in conjunction with the administration and finance team
- Ensure that infection control principles, policies and protocols are developed and adhered to by all staff and visiting patients to the practice
- General PA/Secretarial support to the Surgeons and Allied Health Professionals.
To ensure your success in a position such as this one, you will have:
- A minimum of 5 years experience in Practice Management or Clinic Co-orindator position (ideally within a private surgical specialist practice), and MUST have prior exposure to managing a large team.
- Excellent written and oral skills in negotiation, delegation and patient advocacy
- Previous experience in leading and mentoring a team of clinical and administrative staff
- Good initiative, the ability to work autonomously as well as part of a larger team setting
- Outstanding attention to detail and the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Advanced administrative and computer skills (previous exposure to Genie software and Eclipse billing platforms essential)
- Reliable, immaculately presented, confident and courteous along with the ability to remain calm in challenging situations
A competitive salary package within the range of $70,000 to $90,000 per annum plus superannuation will be offered to a suitably experienced candidate along with many other exciting employee benefits. An undercover and secure car park will also be a part of this package.
To apply for this position, please email your application in the first instance to firstname.lastname@example.org or call diCathyrectly on 0422 888 040.