Litton Andrews (LA Medical Recruitment) – providing a Total Medical/Healthcare Recruitment and Consultancy Service with the best staffing, practice and business solutions.
Our client, a well-established group private specialist practice located across at South Brisbane, a not for profit organisation that provides the highest quality healthcare to patients is actively seeking to appoint a senior Practice Manager. The position offers variety, is hands-on as you contribute to the organisation, planning, leading and directing of clinical, administrative and management activities for the group.
This position will offer the right candidate a permanent full time appointment (Monday to Friday), 38 hours a week.
Key duties and responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Manage the day to day operations of the group
- Develop and maintain positive team relationships and participate actively in training and development programs with all staff
- Manage administration, clinical, Registrar and Visiting Medical Officer's rosters to ensure continuity of services, prepare, review and approve time sheets
- Prepare and coordinate the VMO on call roster and Registrar rural allocation placement and scheduling
- Manage practice electronic medical records (Genie software) including annual diary planning, VMO clinic availability, appointment scheduling, performance and auditing
- Manage IT/communication services, equipment and service contracts
- Manage complex drug application through PRODA and loge Medicare, DVA and ADF paperwork
- Manage the orientation, performance reviews, training and development of new and existing employees, ensuring compliance with annual registrations and insurances
- Manage complex billing and debtor follow up in conjunction with the administration and finance team - via daily bank checking and reconciling to the fund payment and system billing
- Assist the financial management team with quote and invoice verification and manage clinical and administration stock ordering including disposal of expire consumables and stock drugs
- Ensure that infection control principles, policies and protocols are developed and adhered to by all stakeholders
- Manage any adverse incidents and near misses - maintaining a safe work environment for all team members
- Support the board in managing documents pertaining to financial and registrar program audits
- Manage all governance and regulation obligations
- Work with the marketing team to identify, develop and implement activities that support and promote the organisations goals and profile
- Plan, book and implement annual clinical meetings
- Manage preparation and lodgement of all college applications, reporting and funding requirements for registrar training positions
- Organise and attend all board meetings as directed
- Prepare all protocols, policies and procedures relating to clinical and administrative services, and ensure regular review and update is maintained, lodged and available for access
- Monitor and manage budget compliance, both clinical and administrative
To ensure your success you will have:
- A minimum of 5 years experience in Practice Management or Business Management (ideally within a private specialist practice or alike)
- Current blue card for working with children
- Advanced administrative and computer skills (previous exposure to Genie software and Eclipse billing platforms ideal)
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Enjoy working within a large group setting
A competitive salary package will be offered to a suitably experienced candidate along with many other exciting employee benefits.
To apply for this position, please email your application in the first instance to email@example.com or call Cathy directly on 0422 888 040.