Our client, one of the largest and most comprehensive aeromedical organisations in the world is actively seeking to appoint a highly experienced Practice Coordinator to a newly created position, providing high level administrative support to their Charleville team. This is a full time position that will ultimately support and foster efficient and effective primary health services and facilitate access to heath care for people living, travelling and working in rural and remote Queensland.
The position is full time permanent, 38 hours a week (Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm), some flexibility around the working hours may be considered for the right candidate.
Key duties and responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Support the effective utilisation of an Electronic Medical Record (EMR). This will include providing orientation and ongoing support to all staff and clinicians using an EMR.
- Improving data quality systems and analysis to inform patient care.
- Establishing and maintaining a chronic disease register
- Proactively registering patients who may benefit from preventative health
- Ensuring new patient referrals, discharge summaries and investigation results are followed up in a timely manner
- Preparing monthly bench marking reports and presenting reports at primary health care meetings
- Effective management of incoming and outgoing correspondence from the EMR.
- Maintenance of the recall and reminder system as well as overseeing all clinic appointments
- Assisting in the coordination of a system to ensure aeromedical, clinic and telehealth clinical information is incorporated into each patients record and the necessary follow up is noted as a recall
- Collect, collate and analyse clinical data to identify trends, areas of need and opportunities for data quality improvement.
- Support the acceptance and use of My Health Records.
- Coordinate case conferences for patients with complex care needs.
As a pivitol position within the organisation, you will provide support in improving processes and acting as a liaison between patients, clinicians and external service providers.
To ensure your success, you will need:
- Previous experience as a Senior Medical Secretary and/or Practice Manager with proficiency in using medical software platforms such as Medical Director and Pen Cat4.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of the Medicare Benefits Schedule and Practice Incentives Program.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate openly with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Outstanding organisational and time management skills.
- Strong problem solving skills, initiative and the ability to work in a close-knit team environment.
- Experience working in a cross-cultural environment and/or indigenous health.
- Extensive skills with data analysis, particularly in the area of primary health care.
In return, you will be well rewarded with an attractive remuneration package ($65,000 per annum plus superannuation) as well as salary packaging arrangements, remote area incentives and relocation assistance.
Please Note: This position will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug and alcohol test and be subject to a criminal history check.
To apply for this position, click apply now on our website or call Cathy Litton directly on 1300 434 133 or 0422 888 040 a/hours.
To contact us for more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Leaders in Health Care