Litton Andrews (LA Medical Recruitment) providing a Total Medical/Healthcare Recruitment and Consultancy Service with the best staffing, practice and business solutions.
Our client, an established and reputable multi-disciplinary team of surgeons based in Spring Hill are actively seeking to appoint an additional Part Time Medical Receptionist to join their Brisbane team. The position is varied, fast-paced and challenging. You will be well supported by a Practice Manager, Senior Medical Receptionist and 4 Specialists who are equally as invested in you to succeed in this position.
You will enjoy working within a small team setting surrounded by positive, helpful, honest and hard working colleagues. The practice pride themselves on providing the patients with an empathetic and exceptional patient experience.
This is a part time permanent position working 3 days a week:
Wednesday - 9:00am to 5:00pm
Thursday - 9:00am to 5:00pm
Friday - 9:00am to 3:00pm or 8:30am to 2:30pm
Your day to day responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Meet and greet and arriving patients to the practice
- Taking all incoming telephone calls and emails and maintaining administrative/clinic processes
- Managing patient bookings for clinic days
- Preparing and running patient clinics
- Processing patient billing and receipting (primarily for patient consultations)
- Providing assistance to the Practice Manager with the preparation of theatre quotes, theatre bookings and theatre billing/receipting
- General administrative and secretarial support to the 4 Specialists as required.
To be closely considered for this position, you will have:
- Previous experience working within a similar position (ideally coming from a surgical specialist practice). Candidates with a medical background of at least 12 months will still be given close consideration
- Experience using a medical software program (any previously exposure to Shexie software will be viewed favourably)
- Caring and helpful disposition, particularly when dealing with sensitive situations
- A sense of humour
- Mature work ethic, reliable and punctual with clear and transparent communication skills
- Flexibility to cover sick and annual leave from time to time
- The ability to work cooperatively within a small team as well as autonomously
- A sound understanding of Medicare, DVA, Workcover and Private Health Fund billing.
This position will offer the right candidate a generous hourly rate (between $28 - $32 p/hour + super), 6 month probationary period and the security of a permanent part time position within a highly supportive and friendly team environment.
For further information about this position, please contact Cathy Litton today on 1300 434 133 or 0422 888 040 (a/hours). All applications should be directed in the first instance to email@example.com