Litton Andrews (LA Medical Recruitment) – providing a Total Medical/Healthcare Recruitment and Consultancy Service with the best staffing, practice and business solutions.
Our client, a well respected Ophthalmology practice is actively seeking the expertise of a mature minded and highly experienced Medical Receptionist/Typist to join their team. This position is primarily responsible for the day to day practice administration, clinic preparation, patient billing and medical typing for a busy and well respected Surgeon.
This is a full time permanent position, Monday to Friday (38 hours a week). Flexibility to cover some later clinic finishes (6:00pm, once a week) will be a requirement of this position.
Key duties and responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Meet and greet of all patients visiting the practice
- Scheduling and confirming all patient appointments
- Managing the patient clinics including the processing all patient billing and receipting for consultations
- Preparing theatre quotations and booking theatre procedures
- Typing of all medical correspondence
- General administration support to the Surgeon
To be closely considered for this position you will have the following skills/attributes:
- Previous experience working in a similar role (preferably within a surgical specialist practice)
- Exceptional patient rapport building skills along with the ability to work within a small close-knit team environment
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- knowledge of Medicare, DVA and Private Health Funds
- Experience and proficiency with Genie software (essential)
- Fast and accurate medical typing skills
- A strong attention to detail
- A warm and caring approach towards patients
- Strong work ethic and reliability
The successful candidate for this position will exert a high level of professionalism and posses strong medical typing and secretarial qualities and communication skills.
An attractive salary package will be on offer to a suitably experienced candidate.
If this sounds like the position for you, please email your application in confidence today to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Cathy Litton directly on 0422 888 040.
To view a full listing of our temporary and permanent vacancies, visit us at www.littonandrews.com