LA Medical Recruitment (Litton Andrews) – providing a Total Medical/Healthcare Recruitment and Consultancy Service with the best staffing, practice and business solutions.
An exciting opportunity presents with our client one of Australia's leading healthcare companies who care about providing high quality, easily accessible and affordable healthcare services (including diagnostic imaging and pathology) to their patients and referring specialists. We are seeking the expertise of experienced Medical Typists to join this high performing team on a Full Time Permanent, Part Time Permanent and Casual basis.
The positions on offer will primarily be responsible for the efficient and accurate administration within the Histology Department. This includes medical transcription, typing services/data entry, reporting and general administrative support.
Key duties and responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Typing macroscopic and microscopic reports into an information management software platform
- Transcription using Winscribe software and MS Office Suite
- Assign billing to all histology reports/cases in line with Medicare Benefit Scheme (MBS) rules and regulations
- Send reports to cancer registry in line with cancer registry standards
- Liaise with Call Centre staff and referrers regarding expected result turnaround times
- Support in managing correspondence via phone, email and post
- Filing, mail, photocopying and other general administration functions as required
- Contribute to continuous improvement of department functions
To be closely considered we are looking for candidates who display:
- Previous experience as a Medical Typist using digital dictation equipment and familiar with general medical terminology
- Previous experience using Winscribe and MS Office Suite will be viewed favourably
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Respectful communication with others, including the ability to listen, display and respect empathy, build rapport and gain trust to ensure meaningful and effective interactions with fellow team members
- A positive attitude towards achieving outcomes and being a cohesive, contributing team member
- Strong time management, interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
- Self-initiative and problem solving capabilities
To apply and register your expression of interest, please email your application in the first instance to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Cathy Litton directly on 0422 888 040.
**Please Note: those candidates selected for pre-screening and shortlisting only will be contacted directly**