MEDICAL/CLINIC ADMINISTRATOR - 4 DAYS A WEEK
LA Medical Recruitment (Litton Andrews) – providing a Total Medical/Healthcare Recruitment and Consultancy Service with the best staffing, practice and business solutions.
Our client, an established and highly successful surgical specialist practice located in Auchenflower is actively expanding their Brisbane team by introducing a permanent part time Medical/Clinic Administrator.
The position will work closely with the Surgeon, Clinical and Administration team who continually strive to maintain highest quality patient care. The primary responsibility of this position will involve managing the overflow of incoming telephone calls and assisting patients with general enquiries, formatting of medical correspondence including op notes and consulting patient summaries (through Dragon dictation), following up with patients pre-operatively and post-operatively allowing the successful candidate to build a strong rapport with the patients and feel part of their treatment pathway.
This is a permanent part time position offering 4 days a week. Ideally the hours will be 9am to 5pm and 10am to 6pm, however some flexibility around these hours can be accommodated for the right person.
Your day to day responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Medical transcription and management of patient related communication and outgoing correspondence with other specialists and GP's
- Taking the overflow of incoming telephone calls and assisting patients with general enquiries
- Providing patients with support and education on surgical procedures
- Managing patient recalls
- Providing relief reception and administrative support to the front desk during busy periods.
To be closely considered for this position, you will have:
- Ability to build caring relationships with patients, providing administrative support to the patients through their treatment
- The enthusiasm to take ownership for the development of this newly created position
- Ability to prioritise multiple tasks and work autonomously within a small team setting
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Fast and accurate typing and data entry skills
- Excellent understanding of medical terminology and acronyms
- Sound computer/IT skills including knowledge of MS Office Suite and Mac platforms (Genie preferable)
A generous salary will be offered to the successful candidate dependent upon level of skills and experience.
To apply for this position, please email your application in the first instance to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Cathy Litton directly on 0422 888 040.
To view a full listing of our temporary and permanent vacancies, visit us at www.littonandrews.com