Our client, a busy surgical practice based around the inner city suburbs of Brisbane is actively seeking to appoint a highly experienced Medical Secretary to their team. This practice has a very busy schedule and requires someone who has the ability to multi-task, manage a heavy workload, work well under pressure and function successfully as part of a team dedicated to delivering excellence in patient care.
This is a full time permanent position working 38 hours a week, Monday to Friday. If you are looking to work within a dynamic team of staff in a welcoming and supportive environment then look no further – call the team at LA today!
Key skills and responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Taking all general enquiries via telephone and email and assisting patients and other external stakeholders in a timely manner
- Co-ordinating patient appointments and managing the Surgeon’s diary
- Preparing and running patient clinics
- Patient billing and receipting for consultations and inpatient/surgical procedures
- Preparing theatre quotes and booking theatre procedures
- Typing basic medical correspondence using a digital dictation system
- All general administrative and secretarial support to a surgeon.
The expectations from you as a potential candidate:
- You will have at least 3-5 years experience working in a similar role (ideally having come from another surgical specialist practice)
- A warm personality to greet patients with professional clear communication and a polite articulate manner
- Sound knowledge of Genie and billing software (including Eclipse), Medical Objects, Medicare, DVA and Workcover billing
- Proficient computer skills, with a sound knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Strong written and oral communication skills with uncompromising attention to detail
- General understanding of medical terminology and the importance of patient privacy and confidentiality
- The ability to work well within a small team environment
To ensure your success for this position, you need to be a dynamic and enthusiastic person with a positive ‘can do’ attitude towards your work.
A generous hourly rate between $30 – $35 per hour + super as well as paid car parking will be offered to the right person. This position is available for an immediate start.
To apply for this position, click apply now on our website or call Cathy Litton directly on 1300 434 133 or 0422 888 040 a/hours.
To contact us for more information please email email@example.com