Medical Secretary - Surgical Specialist (Greenslopes)
Litton Andrews (LA Medical Recruitment) – providing a Total Medical/Healthcare Recruitment and Consultancy Service with the best staffing, practice and business solutions.
Our client, a well respected and expanding surgical specialist practice located in Greenslopes is actively seeking to appoint an experienced, highly motivated and personable Medical Secretary to join their team.
This is a permanent position working 4 or 5 days a week. There is flexibility for those candidates seeking 4 days a week with the role being well supported by a job share secretary.
Key duties and responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Taking incoming telephone calls and assisting patients with general enquiries
- Managing clinic appointments and the diary for 2 busy Surgeons
- Management of all patient data, correspondence, appointments and accounts using Genie and Gentu software
- Preparing and running patient clinics
- Processing patient billing and receipting (including Eclipse billing)
- Preparing theatre quotes and booking theatre procedures
- Medical typing of general correspondence
- Perform all general day to day administration and secretarial tasks to ensure the smooth operation of a busy surgical practice
To be closely considered for this position you will have the following skills/attributes:
- Medical Reception/Secretarial and Medical Typing experience in a Specialist Medical Practice setting, ideally coming from another surgical specialist practice
- Confident user of Genie and/or Gentu medical software
- Knowledge of Medicare, DVA, WorkCover and Private Health Funds
- Exceptional patient rapport building skills along with the ability to work within a team environment
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- Strong administrative skills and the ability to offer efficiencies in administrative processes
- Professional, compassionate, warm and caring attitude towards the patients
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task
- Fast and accurate typing skills
- Immaculate personal presentation
An attractive hourly rate will be on offer to the right candidate.
This position is available for an immediate start. To apply for this position, please email your application in the first instance to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Cathy Litton directly on (07) 3214 0000 or 0422 888 040 a/hours.
To view a full listing of our temporary and permanent vacancies, visit us at www.littonandrews.com
Litton Andrews (LA Medical Recruitment)
Cathy Litton / Sally Andrews
Level 4, Watkins Medical Centre
225 Wickham Terrace
Spring Hill Qld 4000
T: (07) 3214 0000
M: 0422 888 040 a/hours