Litton Andrews (LA Medical Recruitment) – providing a Total Medical/Healthcare Recruitment and Consultancy Service with the best staffing, practice and business solutions.
Our client, an established and highly successful surgical specialist practice is seeking the expertise of an experienced Senior Medical Secretary to join their Brisbane team. Based in rooms along Wickham Terrace, this position will offer the right candidate full time permanency, 38 hours a week, rostered Monday to Friday (with no requirement for overtime).
Key duties and responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- First point of contact for patients including answering incoming calls and assisting patients with general enquiries
- Day to day preparation and running of patient clinics including (but not limited to): scheduling appointments, patient billing and receipting and preparation of patient files
- Daily banking reports and Medicare submissions
- Management of surgical bookings and accounts (including the preparation of surgical quotes and liaising closely with hospital staff to confirm theatre lists)
- Inpatient and surgery billing (via Eclipse)
- General PA support to the Surgeon as required
- Maintaining a high standard of professionalism and confidentiality
- Attending to all practice correspondence - including medical typing
To be closely considered for this position you will have the following skills/attributes:
- A minimum of 3 years experience as a Medical Secretary (preferably within a surgical specialist practice)
- Own reliable transport
- Reliability, accountability and commitment to the position
- A warm and respectful manner when interacting with staff, patients and all medical professionals
- A strong work ethic and initiative
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, with high attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High level of computer literacy (experience using Genie software and Eclipse billing platforms preferred)
- An eagerness to be a part of a practice offering ongoing professional development
An hourly rate between $30 - $37 p/hour + super will be on offer to a suitably experienced candidate (pending recent and relevant skills/experience).
If you are looking to join a friendly and supportive team, you won't want to miss this opportunity! Email your application in confidence today to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Cathy Litton directly on 0422 888 040.