Our client, an established Orthopaedic specialist practice located in Spring Hill is actively seeking to appoint a full time permanent Medical Secretary to join their team. Working closely with a Surgical Bookings Coordinator and Business Manager, this position will primarily be responsible for the day to day running of patient clinics and all front desk practice administration.
The position will be full time permanent, Monday to Friday (38 hours a week) and will require some flexibility with hours to cover on occasions later clinics.
Key skills and responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Meet and greet patients
- Taking all incoming telephone calls and assisting patients with general enquiries
- Managing all incoming email correspondence
- Preparing and running patient clinics
- Billing and receipting patients for consultations
- Managing all pathology and radiology requests through Medical Objects
- Managing patient appointment confirmations
- Proof reading of dictated letters and liaising with the Medical Typist to ensure timely turnaround times of patient correspondence
- Ordering of all office stationery and maintaining general office and kitchen supplies
- Running daily EFTPOS settlements and preparing banking
- Preparing medical certificates for patients
- Providing assistance to the Surgical Bookings Coordinator and Business Manager from time to time
- General administrative support to the Surgeon
To be closely considered, you will have the following skills & attributes:
- Previous experience working in a surgical specialist setting (minimum of 2 years)
- Mature and professional manner
- Proactive self-starter who is able to work autonomously and as part of a small close-knit team
- Highly organised and able to multi task in a fast paced practice
- Resourceful with creative problem solving skills
- Flexibility with working hours
- High level computer/IT skills, specifically experience using Genie software will be viewed favourably
The office environment is intimate and will suit a highly driven candidate with an adaptable style, highly developed interpersonal skills and open communication style.
The position offers a generous salary and paid car parking.
To apply for this position, click apply now on our website or call Cathy Litton directly on 1300 434 133 or 0422 888 040 a/hours.
To contact us for more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Leaders in Health Care