Litton Andrews (LA Medical Recruitment) – providing a Total Medical/Healthcare Recruitment and Consultancy Service with the best staffing, practice and business solutions.
Our client, a well established surgical specialist practice committed to excellence in all aspects of patient care are actively looking to expand their current team.
Positioned at Auchenflower with car parking available to the successful candidate, we are seeking an experienced full time Medical Secretary, 5 days a week (Monday to Friday, 38 hours a week).
This position will call upon a candidate with at least 2 years medical secretarial experience who is proficient in multi-tasking within a fast paced environment.
Key duties and responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Providing exceptional front desk reception services and support to patients during busy consulting clinics
- Handling incoming telephone calls, relaying comprehensive messages and allocating appropriate appointments
- Preparing and running patient clinics
- Processing patient billing and receipting
- Preparing theatre quotations and booking theatre procedures
- Typing of general medical correspondence
- Attending to emails, faxes and incoming mail
- Data processing and scanning of documents with accuracy and attention to detail
- Supporting the Practice Manager and 1 other medical receptionist to ensure the smooth day to day running of the practice
To be closely considered for this position you will have the following skills/attributes:
- At least 2 years experience working within a similar role (previous exposure to a surgical practice preferred)
- A sound knowledge of Medicare, DVA and Private Health Fund billing
- Previous experience using Genie software
- A professional, warm and compassionate approach towards the patients
- Exceptional customer service skills
- High level organisational and time management skills with the ability to successfully multi-task
- Awareness of medical ethics and privacy principles
- Desire to further develop in the role and a willingness to learn new skills
An attractive hourly rate will be offered to a suitably experienced candidate. Car parking will also be provided.
This position is available for an immediate start. To apply for this position, please email your application in the first instance to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Cathy Litton directly on 0422 888 040