Medical Secretary/Typist - Surgical Specialist (Greenslopes)
Litton Andrews (LA Medical Recruitment) – providing a Total Medical/Healthcare Recruitment and Consultancy Service with the best staffing, practice and business solutions.
Our client, a well respected surgical specialist practice is actively seeking the expertise of a mature minded and highly experienced Medical Secretary/Typist to join their team. This position is primarily responsible for the day to day practice administration, clinic preparation and patient billing and medical typing for a busy and well respected Surgeon.
This is a permanent position, working a 9 day fortnight with an early finish of 3pm on a Friday afternoon and every second Monday off. Car parking will also be provided for a suitably experienced candidate.
Key duties and responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Meet and greet of all patients visiting the practice
- Providing administrative support to 2 external clinic locations as required
- Taking all incoming telephone calls and assisting patient with general enquiries
- Managing out patient clinics including booking patients for theatre and imaging
- Scheduling and confirming all patient appointments
- Managing the patient clinics including the processing all patient billing and receipting for consultations
- Preparing theatre quotations and booking theatre procedures
- Liaising closely with healthcare professionals including Anaesthetists, Surgical Assistants, Imaging/Radiology, Physio and Occupational Therapists
- Providing information and educating patients on medications and wound care when appropriate as well as assisting patients with fasting and admission procedures and post-operative care
- Typing of all medical correspondence (including general letters back to GPs and WorkCover reports)
- General administration support to the Surgeon
To be closely considered for this position you will have the following skills/attributes:
- Previous experience working in a similar role (preferably within a surgical specialist practice)
- The ability to juggle multiple priorities and work in a fast paced setting
- Exceptional patient rapport building skills along with the ability to work within a small team environment
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- knowledge of Medicare, DVA, WorkCover and Private Health Fund billing
- Experience using Genie software (preferred)
- Fast and accurate typing skills
An attractive hourly rate, great working hours and conditions along with a car park will be on offered to a suitably experienced candidate.
This position is available for an immediate start. To apply for this position, please email your application in the first instance to email@example.com or call Cathy Litton directly on (07) 3214 0000 or 0422 888 040 a/hours.
To view a full listing of our temporary and permanent vacancies, visit us at www.littonandrews.com