Litton Andrews (LA Medical Recruitment) – providing a Total Medical/Healthcare Recruitment and Consultancy Service with the best staffing, practice and business solutions.
Our client, an established private specialist practice located in Greenslopes is actively seeking to appoint a Senior Medical Secretary/Typist to join their team. Working within a small team of 5 Specialists, this position would provide front desk reception, clinic and medical typing support to each specialist.
The position will offer the right candidate a full time permanent arrangement working Monday to Friday, those candidates seeking 4 days a week or a 9 day fortnight are also encouraged to apply. Some flexibility around hours/days will be considered.
Key duties and responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Taking incoming telephone calls and assisting patients with general enquiries
- Clinical bookings and confirming patient appointments
- Preparing and running patient clinics
- Managing patient DVA travel
- Processing patient billing and receipting (including inpatient/surgery billing)
- Providing written information consents and procedure estimations to patients
- Booking patient x-rays and scans
- Booking theatre procedures and preparing patients with the relevant theatre packs
- Hospital inpatient and outpatient bookings
- Medical typing of general correspondence, Medicolegal reports and WorkCover reports
- General secretarial support to the Specialists as required
To be closely considered for this position you will have the following skills/attributes:
- At least 4 years experience working in a similar role (preferably within a surgical specialist practice)
- Experience using Genie software
- Exceptional patient rapport building skills along with the ability to work within a team environment
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- knowledge of Medicare, DVA, Private Health Fund and Defence billing
- Fast and accurate typing skills
- Enjoy working in a busy and often fast paced environment
- Maturity, solid work ethic and immaculate personal presentation.
An attractive hourly rate will be on offer to the right candidate.
This position is available for an immediate start. To apply for this position, please email your application in the first instance to email@example.com or call Cathy Litton directly on (07) 3214 0000 or 0422 888 040 a/hours.
To view a full listing of our temporary and permanent vacancies, visit us at www.littonandrews.com