Litton Andrews (LA Medical Recruitment) – providing a Total Medical/Healthcare Recruitment and Consultancy Service with the best staffing, practice and business solutions.
Our client, a well respected and established specialist practice located in Auchenflower is seeking a highly experienced Medical Secretary/Typist to join their team. This is a permanent full time position working Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm each day (38/40 hours a week).
Joining this practice you will be a person dedicated to superior patient care. You will be highly organised, able to work well autonomously and with minimal supervision within a small friendly team environment.
Key duties and responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Taking all incoming calls, emails and general patient enquiries and responding to patients and other medical professionals in a timely manner
- Liaising professionally with patients and third-party providers
- Co-ordinating and managing the administration of all patient clinics
- Processing with accuracy all inpatient and clinic billing
- Managing patient consents, surgical bookings and preoperative arrangements
- Typing of general medical correspondence
- General administrative and secretarial support as required
To be closely considered, you will have:
- At least 3-5 years experience as a Medical Secretary/Typist (preferably within a surgical specialist setting)
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office and medical Practice Management Software (previous experience using Blue Chip software will be viewed favourably)
- Fast and accurate medical transcription skills
- Highly developed organisational and interpersonal skills
- Open and clear communication skills with the ability to communicate with practitioners and staff across various levels throughout the healthcare setting
You will have a comprehensive background in medical administration, having advanced written and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to self-manage, prioritise and multitask.
An hourly rate between $30 - $35 p/hour + super will be offered to a suitably experienced candidate (depending on recent and relevant skills/experience).
To apply for this position, please email your application in the first instance to email@example.com or call Cathy Litton directly on 0422 888 040.
To view a full listing of our temporary and permanent vacancies, visit us at www.littonandrews.com