Medical Secretary/Typist - 2 days a week (Specialist Physician)
LA Medical Recruitment – providing a Total Medical/Healthcare Recruitment and Consultancy Service with the best staffing, practice and business solutions.
Our client, an established and very busy Physician based at the Sunnybank Private Hospital is actively seeking to appoint an experienced and mature minded job share Medical Secretary/Typist to join the team. This is a permanent part time position, 2 days a week (Tuesday and Friday) with flexibility to cover leave relief during periods of staff absence.
This is an exceptionally busy and highly successful private practice where you will join an established administration team of 2 staff. Given the role is job share, you will be required to provide additional days and hours from time to time during peak times and periods of annual/sick leave.
Key duties and responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Meet and greet patients visiting the practice
- Taking incoming calls, assisting patients with general enquiries and taking detailed messages as required
- Front desk support - running patient clinics, processing patient billing/receipting and booking patient appointments
- Maintaining appearance of front office and patient waiting room
- Assisting with the typing of basic letters and medical reports
- Inpatient billing/receipting
- Maintaining accuracy of information to patient charts
- General administrative support to the Physician as required
We are in search of an applicant with outstanding organisational and administrative skills, open and clear communication skills with a stable employment history working in similar positions.
To be closely considered, you will need:
- A dynamic, friendly and mature minded approach towards your work
- Previous experience working within a specialist practice essential, as is your exposure and understanding of Genie or Gentu software
- Be a proactive person with the ability to think on your feet and anticipate and act on potential urgent matters that could impact on the Physicians day
- Have exceptional interpersonal skills with a genuine commitment to providing a respectful and empathetic manner towards the patients visiting this practice
- Proven attention to detail and high levels of accuracy with the ability to juggle multiple priorities and competing demands
- A solid understanding of patient confidentiality
A competitive base salary and car park will be provided to the successful applicant.
For further information about this position, please contact Cathy Litton today on 1300 434 133 or 0422 888 040 (a/hours). All applications should be directed in the first instance to email@example.com
To view a full listing of our temporary and permanent vacancies, visit us at www.littonandrews.com
Cathy Litton / Sally Andrews
Level 4, Watkins Medical Centre
225 Wickham Terrace
Spring Hill Qld 4000
T: 1300 434 133
M: 0422 888 040 a/hours