LA Medical Recruitment (Litton Andrews) – providing a Total Medical/Healthcare Recruitment and Consultancy Service with the best staffing, practice and business solutions.
An exciting opportunity has presented for an experienced part time Medical Receptionist/Secretary to join our client a well respected Plastic Surgeon based in private practice rooms in Greenslopes. This is a busy practice and would suit either a junior medical receptionist or a more experienced medical secretary who is seeking to work alongside a supportive and friendly team.
This is a permanent part time position, working 3 days a week:
Week 1 - Wednesday, Thursday & Friday
Week 2 - Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
Hours are generally 8:30am to 4:30pm with 4 of the shifts a month finishing later at 6:30/7pm.
This is a busy position which requires previous experience in a private surgical specialist practice and a level of competency, a cheerful disposition and caring personality and the ability to work autonomously and as part of a small team.
Key duties and responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Taking all incoming calls and assisting patients with general enquiries
- Preparing and running patient clinics
- Processing patient billing and receipting for consultations
- Preparing patient files and entering patient information into medical software platform (Genie)
- Liaising closely with patients and explaining the documentation and process associated with their appointments and surgery procedures
- Typing of medical correspondence
- Preparing theatre quotations and booking theatre procedures
- Processing theatre billing (Eclipse)
- Ensuring the smooth day to day operation of the practice and working closely with the Senior Medical Secretary and Surgeon.
Essential skills required for the position will include:
- Previous experience (at least 12 months) working within a private surgical specialist practice preferred
- Exposure to using a medical software platform such as Genie/Gentu
- Enjoy working in a small team environment
- Exceptional people skills with compassionate, warm and friendly manner
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Attention to detail
- A strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast paced setting
- Ability to work autonomously and without supervision
- Intermediate PC skills with Genie and MS Office Suite (Word, Outlook)
A generous salary will be offered to the right person. This position is available for an immediate start.
To apply for this position, please email your application in the first instance to email@example.com or call Cathy Litton directly on 0422 888 040.