Medical Secretary (Part Time) - Surgical Specialist
Litton Andrews (LA Medical Recruitment) – providing a Total Medical/Healthcare Recruitment and Consultancy Service with the best staffing, practice and business solutions.
Our client, an established and very busy Surgical Specialist practice located within the inner city suburbs of Brisbane is actively seeking to appoint a highly experienced Senior Medical Secretary to join their team.
This is a permanent part time position working 4 days a week: Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday - 8:30am to 4:30pm and Thursday 8:00am to 4:30pm.
This is a busy position, so it is critical that you have appropriate medical reception, secretarial and typing skills and enjoy working cohesively within a small, friendly, and supportive team environment.
Key duties and responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Taking all incoming calls and assisting patients with all general enquiries
- Managing all incoming email correspondence
- Booking of all patient consultations for 2 Surgeons using Genie and Gentu software
- Ensuring smooth running of consulting clinics
- Processing patient billing and receipting
- Maintaining accurate patient records - uploading results and reports daily
- Medical typing - transcription of all medical correspondence
- Liaising closely with the hospital staff and patients to confirm theatre lists
- Providing the patients the relevant information and theatre packs to prepare them for surgery
- Assisting patients with bookings or other required appointments such as tests/scans/x-rays etc
- General administrative support to the team as required.
To be closely considered for this position you will have the following skills/attributes:
- Experience working in a similar position (preferably within a surgical specialist practice)
- Fast and proficient Medical Typist - solid knowledge of medical terminology
- Confident user of Genie and/or Gentu software or other similar medical software platforms
- Ability to work cohesively within a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organisational skills
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently when running busy clinics
- Exceptional patient rapport building skills
- Professional, friendly, warm and compassionate personality towards the patients and your fellow colleagues.
An attractive hourly rate + superannuation as well as a car park will be provided to a suitably experienced candidate.
Email your application in confidence today to email@example.com or call Cathy Litton directly on (07) 3214 0000 or 0422 888 040 a/hours.
To view a full listing of our temporary and permanent vacancies, visit us at www.littonandrews.com