Medical Secretary - Specialist Practice
Litton Andrews (LA Medical Recruitment) – providing a Total Medical/Healthcare Recruitment and Consultancy Service with the best staffing, practice and business solutions.
Our client, a well respected group surgical specialist practice with rooms located within walking distance to Central Train Station, is actively seeking to appoint an experienced Medical Secretary to join their team. The position will support 1-2 Surgeons with both public and private hospital commitments.
This position is full time permanent and will offer the successful candidate a 38 hour working week (Monday to Friday) with no overtime or weekend shifts required.
This is a great opportunity for a suitably experienced, vibrant and energetic secretary to join a team of surgeons and be a part of an expanding surgical group practice.
Key duties and responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Front desk reception - taking incoming calls and responding to patient enquiries
- Preparing and running patient clinics for 2 site locations
- Processing of all patient billing and receipting
- Typing of medical correspondence (using digital dictation)
- Preparing theatre quotations, booking theatre procedures and managing patient post operative appointments in conjunction with the Surgeon
- General administrative and secretarial support as required
To be closely considered for this position you will have the following skills/attributes:
- A thorough knowledge of a surgical specialist practice with at least 3-5 years working within a similar position
- Previous experience using a medical software platform such as Genie, Gentu or Total Care
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Solid medical typing and data entry skills
- Immaculate personal presentation with a cheerful disposition
- The ability to work well within a team environment (with at least 2 other Medical Secretaries working alongside you each day)
An hourly rate within the range of $30 - $35 p/hour + super will be on offer to a suitably experienced candidate.
Email your application in confidence today to email@example.com or call Cathy Litton directly on 0422 888 040.
To view a full listing of our temporary and permanent vacancies, visit us at www.littonandrews.com