Our client, a well respected solo surgical practice is actively seeking the expertise of a mature minded and highly experienced Medical Receptionist to join their team. This position is primarily based at the front desk and would best suit a candidate who thrives working closely with the patients.
You will be working alongside a Surgeon, Practice Manager, Practice Nurse and Senior Medical Secretary. The position is full time permanent, Monday to Friday (38 hours a week). Flexibility to cover some later clinic finishes (once a week) will be a requirement of this position.
Key duties and responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Meet and greet of all patients visiting the practice
- Scheduling and confirming all patient appointments
- Managing the patient clinics including the processing all patient billing and receipting for consultations
- Preparing theatre quotations and booking theatre procedures
- Typing of all medical correspondence
- General administration support to the Surgeon
- Assisting the Practice Manager from time to time with adhoc projects
To be closely considered for this position you will have the following skills/attributes:
- Previous experience working in a similar role (preferably within a surgical specialist practice)
- Exceptional patient rapport building skills along with the ability to work within a team environment
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- knowledge of Medicare, DVA, Private Health Fund and Defence billing
- Experience using Genie software
- Fast and accurate typing skills
An attractive hourly rate will be on offer along with a secure undercover car park.
This position is available for an immediate start. To apply for this position, please email your application in the first instance to email@example.com or call Cathy Litton directly on 1300 434 133 or 0422 888 040 a/hours.