Medical Receptionist/Typist - Surgical Specialist
Litton Andrews (LA Medical Recruitment) – providing a Total Medical/Healthcare Recruitment and Consultancy Service with the best staffing, practice and business solutions.
Our client, a well respected and expanding surgical specialist practice located along Wickham Terrace in Spring Hill is actively seeking to appoint an experienced, highly motivated and personable Medical Receptionist/Typist to join their team.
This position is part time permanent, working 4 days a week (Tuesday to Friday), 9am to 5pm with the flexibility to work additional hours to cover staff leave relief.
Key duties and responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Taking incoming telephone calls and assisting patients with general enquiries
- Managing clinic appointments and the diary for a Surgeon
- Management of all patient data, correspondence, appointments and accounts using Genie software
- Preparing and running patient clinics
- Processing patient billing and receipting (including Eclipse billing)
- Preparing theatre quotes and booking theatre procedures
- Medical typing of general correspondence, WorkCover reports and to a lesser degree Medicolegal reports
- Perform all general day to day administration and secretarial tasks to ensure the smooth operation of a busy surgical practice
To be closely considered for this position you will have the following skills/attributes:
- Medical Reception/Secretarial and Medical Typing experience in a Specialist Medical Practice setting, ideally within the field of Orthopaedics or similar
- Confident user of Genie medical software
- Knowledge of Medicare, DVA, WorkCover and Private Health Funds
- Exceptional patient rapport building skills along with the ability to work within a team environment
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- Strong administrative skills and the ability to offer efficiencies in administrative processes
- Professional, compassionate, warm and caring attitude towards the patients
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task
- Fast and accurate typing skills
- Immaculate personal presentation
An attractive hourly rate will be on offer to the right candidate along with paid car parking.
This position is available for an immediate start. To apply for this position, please email your application in the first instance to email@example.com or call Cathy Litton directly on (07) 3214 0000 or 0422 888 040 a/hours.
To view a full listing of our temporary and permanent vacancies, visit us at www.littonandrews.com
Litton Andrews (LA Medical Recruitment)
Cathy Litton / Sally Andrews
Level 4, Watkins Medical Centre
225 Wickham Terrace
Spring Hill Qld 4000
T: (07) 3214 0000
M: 0422 888 040 a/hours