Litton Andrews (LA Medical Recruitment) – providing a Total Medical/Healthcare Recruitment and Consultancy Service with the best staffing, practice and business solutions.
An exciting opportunity has presented for an energetic, experienced and highly capable Medical Receptionist/Secretary to join our client, an expanding surgical specialist practice located at Mt Gravatt. The primary function of this position is to provide exceptional front desk reception and secretarial support to a busy surgical practice.
Ideally this position would be best suited to an experienced medical receptionist and/or medical secretary who enjoys working as part of a small, close-knit team environment. You will have solid time management and organisational skills, clear communication skills along with the ability to take ownership and complete responsibility for all tasks assigned to you.
This is a permanent position, working Monday to Friday (38 hours a week). Applicants seeking permanent part time, 4 days a week (with Thursday off) will also be closely considered.
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Managing all incoming telephone calls, emails and correspondence in a timely manner
- Assisting patients with general enquiries
- Preparing and running patient clinics (including patient billing and receipting through Medicare, DVA, WorkCover and Private Health Funds)
- Generating theatre quotations, booking theatre procedures and educating the patients with theatre packs as well as managing their post op appointments
- Typing of all medical correspondence (using a digital dictation system)
- General administrative support to the Practice Manager and Surgeon as required
To be closely considered, you will need:
- A minimum 3 years medical secretarial experience (ideally coming from another surgical specialist practice)
- Solid computer/IT skills, any previous exposure using Genie software will be viewed favourably
- Fast and accurate typing skills
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and work closely within a small team setting
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to use your initiative
- Self-motivated with meticulous attention to detail
Based in Mt Gravatt (with a visited site in Ipswich once a month), this role offers a great opportunity to build on your skills, establish a genuine career pathway and champion our clients high standards of treatment and patient care. As a team, they strive for excellence. The staff are proactive, enjoy what they do and work to promote a good work/life balance.
An hourly rate between $30 - $35 p/hour + super will be offered to a suitably experienced candidate. A car park and uniforms will also be provided.
For further information please contact Cathy Litton directly on (07) 3214 0000 or 0422 888 040. All applications can be emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
To view a full listing of our temporary and permanent vacancies, visit us at www.littonandrews.com