Litton Andrews (LA Medical Recruitment) – providing a Total Medical/Healthcare Recruitment and Consultancy Service with the best staffing, practice and business solutions.
Our client, an established and highly successful surgical specialist practice is seeking the expertise of an experienced Senior Medical Receptionist/Secretary to join their Brisbane team. Based in a practice close proximity to Central Train Station, this position calls upon a candidate with the ability to travel to cover a patient clinic in Caboolture once a week.
This is a full time permanent position working 8am to 5pm each day (Monday to Friday). For a suitably experienced candidate, we are seeking an immediate start!
Key duties and responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- First point of contact for patients including answering incoming calls and assisting patients with general enquiries
- Day to day preparation and running of patient clinics including (but not limited to): scheduling appointments, patient billing and receipting and preparation of patient files
- Daily banking reports and Medicare submissions
- Processing of staff wages, tax and superannuation
- Management of surgical bookings and accounts
- Maintaining a high standard of professionalism and confidentiality
- Intermittent travel as required to other external clinic locations to cover staff annual and sick leave
- Medical typing from dictation as and when required
- The opportunity for ongoing training and career advancement
To be closely considered for this position you will have the following skills/attributes:
- A minimum of 12 months experience as a Medical Secretary (preferably within a surgical practice)
- Own reliable transport
- Ability to build relationships with and oversee and train fellow staff members
- Reliability, accountability and commitment to the position
- A warm and respectful manner when interacting with staff, patients and all medical professionals
- A strong work ethic and initiative
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, with high attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- high level of computer literacy (experience using Genie software preferred)
- An eagerness to be a part of a practice offering ongoing professional development
An attractive hourly rate will be on offer to the right candidate.
If you are looking to join a friendly and supportive team, you won't want to miss this opportunity! Email your application in confidence today to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Cathy Litton directly on (07) 3214 0000 or 0422 888 040 a/hours.
To view a full listing of our temporary and permanent vacancies, visit us at www.littonandrews.com