Litton Andrews (LA Medical Recruitment) providing a Total Medical/Healthcare Recruitment and Consultancy Service with the best staffing, practice and business solutions.
Our client, an established and very busy surgical specialist practice located at Auchenflower is seeking the expertise of a highly proficient and mature minded Medical Receptionist/Secretary to join their team. This position will primarily manage the day to day workflow of the front desk, ensuring the smooth operation of patient clinics.
This is a permanent position working 38 hours a week (Monday to Friday) with flexibility to cover a later clinic finish every second Thursday. A car park will also be provided for the successful candidate.
Your day to day responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Managing all incoming telephone calls, emails and general patient enquiries in a timely manner
- Meet and greet of patients visiting the practice
- Managing all patient bookings and ensuring the smooth day to day running of patient clinics
- Preparing theatre quotations and booking theatre procedures
- Liaising closely with hospitals, patients and other referring specialists
- Patient billing and receipting for consultations as well as outpatient invoicing and receipting of patient accounts
- Typing of basic medical correspondence
- General administration, secretarial and on occasions PA support to the surgeon as required.
To be closely considered for this position, you will have:
- You will have at least 3 years experience working in a similar role (ideally having come from another surgical specialist practice)
- A warm personality to greet patients with professional clear communication and a polite articulate manner
- Immaculate personal presentation, strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Previous experience using Genie software
- Proficient computer skills, with confidence working from a MAC platform
- Strong written and oral communication skills with uncompromising attention to detail
- General understanding of medical terminology and the importance of patient privacy and confidentiality
- The ability to work well within a small team environment
A generous salary and paid car parking will be offered to the successful candidate.
For further information about this position, please contact Cathy Litton today on 1300 434 133 or 0422 888 040 (a/hours). All applications should be directed in the first instance to email@example.com