Litton Andrews (LA Medical Recruitment) – providing a Total Medical/Healthcare Recruitment and Consultancy Service with the best staffing, practice and business solutions.
Due to a recent expansion, our client is actively looking to recruit a permanent full time Medical Receptionist/Secretary as well as a permanent part time Medical Receptionist to join their team. Working alongside a group of private specialists, this position will be based in Greenslopes, with street parking available. They are a sought after mid sized specialist group with a reputation for clinical excellence and a passion for patient care. This close-knit team understands the unique value that they bring to each of their roles and they celebrate success and encourage continual improvement and career progression.
Position 1 - Full Time Permanent, offering the right candidate either 5 x 8 hour days (Monday to Friday) or 4 x 10 hour days (Monday to Friday).
Position 2 - Part Time Permanent, offering the right candidate 3 days a week, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday with the flexibility to cover additional staff leave relief from time to time.
Both candidates will form close working relationships with both the administration and clinical teams within each medical practice. Each team member will be responsible for medical reception and medical administrative duties including the opening and closing of clinics each day.
Key duties and responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Taking incoming telephone calls and assisting patients with general enquiries
- Preparing and running patient clinics for multiple Drs
- Managing patient billing and receipting for consultations
- Scanning, filing and general administration support to the group
- Assisting Drs from time to time with specific medical administration and secretarial tasks
- Booking and managing patient appointments, in conjunction with the Practice Manager
Ideally you will have:
- Previous experience (at least 12 months) working as a Medical Receptionist (preferably within a private specialist practice).
- Experience and proficiency using Genie software (viewed favourably)
- A sound knowledge of Medicare, DVA, WorkCover and Private Health Fund billing
- Enjoy working in a largely patient facing position of Front Desk Reception
- Reliability, enthusiasm and a positive 'can do attitude' with the ability to proactively participate as a team player in a busy practice
An hourly rate between $28 - $35 p/hour + super will be offered to a suitably experienced candidate (depending on recent and relevant skills/experience).
To apply for this position, please email your application in the first instance to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Cathy directly on 0422 888 040.