Medical Administrator - Specialist Anaesthesia Practice
Litton Andrews (LA Medical Recruitment) – providing a Total Medical/Healthcare Recruitment and Consultancy Service with the best staffing, practice and business solutions.
Our client, an established private specialist practice located within the Northern suburbs of Brisbane is actively seeking to appoint an experienced Medical Administrator to join their team. Working within a mature team of highly experienced, supportive and long term Medical Administrators this position will provide general reception, administration and bookings support to a team of 21 specialists.
This is a part time permanent position working 4 days a week, Tuesday to Friday (9am to 5pm) each day. It is a requirement that you are available for leave relief on a Monday during staff leave periods.
Key duties and responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Taking incoming telephone calls and assisting patients and clients with general enquiries
- Preparing theatre lists and managing Informed Financial Consents
- Patient billing/invoicing of accounts
- Arranging emergency cover for specialists
- Managing all incoming bookings and ensuring the accurate entry of patient information
- Responding to emails and all general correspondence
- Liaising closely with hospital staff, specialists and patients
- Day to day administration support to a team of 21 Specialists
To be closely considered for this position you will have the following skills/attributes:
- At least 3-5 years experience working within a similar role (previous exposure to a surgical practice essential)
- A sound knowledge of Medicare, DVA, WorkCover, Surgery Connect and Private Health Fund Billing
- Previous experience using Meditrust Software and MYOB will be viewed favourably
- A professional, warm and compassionate approach towards the patients and referring specialists
- A calm and friendly manner towards the staff
- The ability to multi-task and work collectively as part of a small team environment
An hourly rate between $30 - $32 p/hour + super will be on offer to a suitably experienced candidate.
This position is available for an immediate start. To apply for this position, please email your application in the first instance to email@example.com or call Cathy Litton directly on (07) 3214 0000 or 0422 888 040 a/hours.
To view a full listing of our temporary and permanent vacancies, visit us at www.littonandrews.com
Litton Andrews (LA Medical Recruitment)
Cathy Litton / Sally Andrews
Level 4, Watkins Medical Centre
225 Wickham Terrace
Spring Hill Qld 4000
T: (07) 3214 0000
M: 0422 888 040 a/hours