Litton Andrews (LA Medical Recruitment) providing a Total Medical/Healthcare Recruitment and Consultancy Service with the best staffing, practice and business solutions.
Our client, an established and leading Colorectal Surgeon located in Auchenflower is actively expanding their Brisbane team by introducing a permanent Junior Practice Nurse/Administration Assistant.
The position will work closely with a Colorectal Surgeon, Senior Practice Nurse and a Medical Support Team who continually strive to maintain highest quality patient care. The primary responsibility of this position will involve close contact with the patients helping to provide pre-op and post-op advice and care allowing the successful candidate to build a strong rapport with the patients and feel part of their treatment pathway.
This is a permanent position offering 70 - 76 hours a fortnight.
Your day to day responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Providing pre-operative and post-operative patient follow up support, advice and care (in conjunction with the Senior Practice Nurse)
- Preparing patients for hospital admissions
- Providing patients with support and education on surgical procedures
- Minor wound care
- Triage of new patient referrals in conjunction with the medical support team/reception
- Transcription and management of patient related communication and outgoing correspondence with other specialists and GP's
- Preparing quotes for theatre procedures, booking theatre procedures and managing any changes to theatre lists
- Providing relief reception and administrative support to the front desk during busy periods.
To be closely considered for this position, you will have:
- Ability to build caring relationships with patients, providing both clinical and administrative support to the patients through their treatment
- The enthusiasm to take ownership for the development of this newly expanded position
- Ability to prioritise multiple tasks and work autonomously within a small team setting
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Current nursing registration as a Registered Nurse (preferable) or Enrolled Nurse along with solid administrative skills
- Excellent understanding of medical terminology and acronyms
- Sound computer/IT skills including knowledge of MS Office Suite and Mac platforms (Genie preferable)
- Any previous experience directly with Colorectal conditions will be viewed favourably.
An ideal entry level position into private specialist practice with scope for further long-term career advancement opportunities. For those candidates seeking career progression into a practice management or senior practice nurse position, this would be a great way to get in at the ground level.
A generous salary will be offered to the successful candidate dependent upon level of skills and experience.
For further information about this position, please contact Cathy Litton today on 1300 434 133 or 0422 888 040 (a/hours). All applications should be directed in the first instance to email@example.com