LA Medical Recruitment (Litton Andrews) – providing a Total Medical/Healthcare Recruitment and Consultancy Service with the best staffing, practice and business solutions.
An exciting opportunity presents with our client a friendly and established Group Specialist practice located in Toowong and Stones Corner. This is a busy specialist practice committed to excellence in patient care. We are actively seeking an experienced, reliable and self driven Junior Medical Receptionist/Secretary who is enthusiastic and organised with the capability to work successfully as part of a close-knit team environment.
This is a permanent full time position, working 34 hours a week across 4 days (some flexibility around days and hours can be accommodated for the right candidate). The position primarily will be based from the Toowong site with travel required to Stones Corner (to cover periods of staff absence) on occassions.
Key duties and responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Taking all incoming calls and assisting patients with general enquiries
- Preparing and running patient clinics
- Processing patient billing and receipting for consultations
- Preparing patient files and entering patient information into medical software platform (Genie software)
- Liaising closely with patients and explaining the documentation and process associated with their appointments
- Managing the diary and practice calendars for multiple Specialists
- Ensuring the smooth day to day operation of the practice and working closely with the Practice Manager to achieve this.
Essential skills required for the position will include:
- Previous experience (at least 6-12 months) working within a private specialist practice preferred, however applicants coming from a General Practice and Allied Health background will be considered closely
- Exposure using a previous medical software platform (eg; Genie) will be highly regarded
- Enjoy working in a small team environment
- A genuine passion for the medical/healthcare industry by delivering exceptional customer service
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- A strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast paced setting
- The ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding all patient and practice matters
- Outstanding diary management skills, particularly managing appointment schedules for multiple Specialists.
A generous salary within the range of $25 - $31 p/hour + superannuation will be offered to the right person. This position is available for an immediate start.
To apply for this position, please email your application in the first instance to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Cathy Litton directly on 0422 888 040.