Litton Andrews (LA Medical Recruitment) providing a Total Medical/Healthcare Recruitment and Consultancy Service with the best staffing, practice and business solutions.
Our client, a well respected and busy specialist practice located in Greenslopes is actively looking to appoint an experienced Junior Medical Receptionist to join their team. Our client provides medical consultations, medico-legal services and neurophysiology including nerve conduction studies and EEG's.
Candidates applying for this position must have at least 12 months experience in a similar role.
The position on offer will be permanent full time offering some flexibility with hours rostered Monday to Friday. Street parking is also available.
Your day to day responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Taking all incoming calls to the practice, assisting patients with general enquiries and distributing messages to the relevant specialists in a timely manner
- Booking patient appointments
- Arriving patients to the practice
- Preparing and running patient clinics
- Working with the Practice Manager to prioritise urgent enquiries and liaise closely with the specialists and other providers
- Book admissions and radiology/pathology investigations
- Provide relief assistance to the medical transcription team with the preparation of medical correspondence
- Process patient billing and receipting for consultations and inpatient stays
- General document management and day to day administration of patient files
- Working with the Practice Manager to ensure the smooth day to day operation of patient clinics
To be closely considered for this position, you will have:
- A confident persona with exceptional written and verbal communication skills who can calmly juggle competing priorities
- Articulate telephone manner
- The ability to monitor a waiting room to ensure patients are comfortable and informed of wait times
- Experience using Genie software as well as proficiency operating with a MAC platform
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- High level of attention to detail and organisational skills
- Fast and accurate typing skills
- A people person, demonstrating patience, empathy and respect along with the ability to communicate to patients with maturity
- A positive work ethic and ability to work within a team environment.
A generous salary between $50,000 to 55,500 per annum + superannuation will be offered to a suitably experienced candidate. Along with a professional working environment, flexibility with hours and street parking will all be included in your package.
For further information about this position, please contact Cathy Litton today on 1300 434 133 or 0422 888 040 (a/hours). All applications should be directed in the first instance to email@example.com