JUNIOR MEDICAL RECEPTIONIST/SECRETARY
LA Medical Recruitment (Litton Andrews) – providing a Total Medical/Healthcare Recruitment and Consultancy Service with the best staffing, practice and business solutions.
An exciting opportunity presents with our client a friendly and established solo surgical specialist practice located in Auchenflower. This is a busy surgical practice committed to excellence in patient care. We are actively seeking an experienced, reliable and self driven Junior Medical Receptionist/Secretary who is enthusiastic and organised with the capability to work successfully as part of a close-knit team environment.
This is a permanent part time position, Monday, Wednesday and Thursday working 8:30am to 4:30pm each day, with flexibility to cover additional leave relief from time to time.
Key duties and responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Taking all incoming calls and assisting patients with general enquiries
- Preparing and running patient clinics (including 2 satellite clinics)
- Processing patient billing and receipting for consultations, inpatient stays and surgical procedures (in conjunction with the Senior Medical Secretary/Clinic Coordinator)
- Preparing theatre quotations and booking theatre procedures
- Liaising closely with patients and explaining the documentation and process associated with their theatre procedures
- Managing the diary and practice calendar
- Liaising closely with hospitals, pathology and imaging departments as well as other referring specialist practices
- Ensuring the smooth day to day operation of the practice
Essential skills required for the position will include:
- Previous experience (at least 6-12 months) working within a surgical specialist practice will be viewed favourably
- Exposure to using Genie software
- Enjoy working in a small team environment
- A genuine passion for the medical/healthcare industry by delivering exceptional customer service
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- A strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast paced setting
- The ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding all patient and practice matters
A generous salary within the range of $25 - $30 p/hour + superannuation as well as paid car parking will be offered to the right person. This position is available for an immediate start.
To apply for this position, please email your application in the first instance to email@example.com or call Cathy Litton directly on 0422 888 040.
To view a full listing of our temporary and permanent vacancies, visit us at www.littonandrews.com