Litton Andrews (LA Medical Recruitment) – providing a Total Medical/Healthcare Recruitment and Consultancy Service with the best staffing, practice and business solutions.
Our client, an established solo surgical specialist practice is seeking a self motivated and experienced Junior Medical Receptionist/Secretary to join their Brisbane team.
Based in a practice close proximity to Central Train Station, this position calls upon a candidate with fast and accurate typing skills with the ability to travel and cover Southside clinic locations ocassionally.
This is a full time permanent position working 38 hours a week (Monday to Friday). For a suitably experienced candidate, we are seeking an immediate start!
Key duties and responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Reception duties - taking all incoming telephone calls and responding to patients general enquiries
- Travel required to external Southside clinic locations once a week
- Attending to daily email and fax correspondence in a timely manner
- Daily banking reports and Medicare submissions
- Preparing and running patient clinics and managing patient consultation appointments
- Billing patients for consultations
- Preparing theatre quotes, booking theatre procedures and billing for inpatient stays and theatre procedures
- Medical dictation typing as required
To be closely considered for this position you will have the following skills/attributes:
- A minimum of 12 months industry experience (preferably within a private specialist practice) however candidates coming from General Practice, Allied Health and/or the Legal sector will be closely considered
- Own reliable transport
- Reliability, accountability and commitment to the position
- A warm and respectful manner when interacting with staff, patients and all medical professionals
- A strong work ethic and initiative
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, with high attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- high level of computer literacy (any experience using Genie software will be viewed favourably)
- An eagerness for ongoing professional development
An hourly rate within the range of $25 - $32 p/hour + super will be on offer to a suitably experienced candidate (pending recent and relevant skills/experience)
Email your application in confidence today to email@example.com or call Cathy Litton directly on 0422 888 040 a/hours.