Front Office Coordinator - Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon
LA Medical Recruitment (Litton Andrews) – providing a Total Medical/Healthcare Recruitment and Consultancy Service with the best staffing, practice and business solutions.
Our client, a very well established and respected Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon based in the Brisbane CBD is actively looking to appoint a highly experienced Front Office Coordinator to join their practice. You will quickly become a pivotal member of this small and friendly team committed to exceptional patient care and education. We are seeking a candidate who is friendly, empathetic, and engaging towards the patients and fellow peers of this practice. You also need to offer reliability, efficiency and be a person who prides yourself on your organisational skills and the ability to work as part of a close-knit team environment.
As the successful candidate you will enjoy the challenge of working within a very busy practice, whilst working alongside a supportive team of clinical and administrative peers.
This is a permanent position working 32 to 38 hours a week (4-5 days a week), Monday to Friday. Traditionally your hours will be 8am to 5/5:30pm on clinic days and 9am to 4:30/5pm on non clinic days.
The key duties and responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Managing incoming telephone calls and general enquiries, including email correspondence
- Liaising closely with referring clinics to ensure the smooth transition of patient referrals in a timely manner
- Managing patient bookings, including the triaging of new patient referrals
- Accurate maintenance of patient records through Oasis practice management software
- Preparing surgery quotes and booking surgery procedures, liaising closely with hospitals and Anaesthetists
- Providing patients with surgery packs and assisting the patients with education around their specific surgical procedures
- Scanning and importing of documents including online pathology and radiology/imaging results
- Stock control for the front desk reception area
- Providing clinical assisting to the Surgeon from time to time with patient consultations and post operative appointments
- General administrative support to the clinical team and Business Manager as required.
To be closely considered for this position, you will have:
- A warm, engaging personality with a genuine empathetic attitude and supportive manner towards patient care
- Solid medical administration and front desk reception skills
- A previous background in a similar position (ideally having some clinical experience as well in the capacity of a Dental Assistant or alike)
- A Certificate III in Dental Assisting (will be viewed favourably)
- Exceptional telephone manner
- Advanced computer/IT skills, accurate data entry skills and preferably experience using Oasis or Exact practice software, MS Office - Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Efficient time management and organisational skills
- A solid understanding of Private Health Funds, Medicare and DVA billing
An attractive hourly rate will be offered to a suitably experienced candidate.
If you are looking to join a friendly and supportive team, you won't want to miss this opportunity! Email your application in confidence today to email@example.com or call Cathy Litton directly on 1300 434 133 or
To view a full listing of our temporary and permanent vacancies, visit us at www.littonandrews.com
Cathy Litton / Sally Andrews
Level 4, Watkins Medical Centre
225 Wickham Terrace
Spring Hill Qld 4000