Litton Andrews (LA Medical Recruitment) providing a Total Medical/Healthcare Recruitment and Consultancy Service with the best staffing, practice and business solutions.
At Litton Andrews, we are actively seeking expressions of interest from suitably experienced applicants to assist us in filling a variety of ongoing contract opportunities (with potential for permanency) with a range of clients located across the Brisbane CBD and surrounding suburbs. Previous medical experience is essential. At Litton Andrews, we can offer competitive hourly rates ($28 - $40 p/hour + super), paid weekly.
Our team of Consultants at Litton Andrews understand the importance of aligning yourself with a dedicated specialist Medical Recruitment Agency who have great industry knowledge, solid networks and an understanding of how the Medical/Healthcare market works.
Our contract desk is expanding and we have 2 in-house positions available. We are calling upon experienced candidates in the areas of Patient Billing/Aged Debt Recovery to join our team.
To be closely considered for contract opportunities within Litton Andrews, you will have:
- A minimum of 2 years industry experience working within a private specialist practice, public or private hospital setting
- Sound knowledge of medical and billing software including at least one of the following: Genie, Gentu, BlueChip, Shexie, Clinic to Cloud, Cerner, SAP or VIP.net
- Proficient computer skills, with a sound knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Strong written and oral communication skills with uncompromising attention to detail
- General understanding of medical terminology and the importance of patient privacy and confidentiality
- Highly developed organisational and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility with your working availability, including a high level of enthusiasm and resilience to adapt to varying practice environments
- An understanding of Medicare, DVA, Workcover and Private Health Fund billing would be advantageous
Patient Billing Officer: a key role within the organisation, a large private hospital working closely with their patient accounts team this position will involve:
- Liaising closely with Doctors rooms and internal hospital departments for patient billing information
- Montior closely the inpatient and surgical billing systems for patient accounts
- Billing all patient accounts in accordance with relevant health fund contracts and government requirements (using Eclipse billing platform)
- Liaise closely with Health Funds to ensure accounts are paid promptly. Supply Health Funds with any relevant documentation to support the patients medical records as required
- Follow up directly with the patients for outstanding hospital excess, co-payments and/or inpatient/surgical stays
- Liaise in a polite and diplomatic manner with patients directly around additional documentation required to complete their inpatient/surgery billing
- Maintain and manage the ongoing aged debtors, ensuring weekly audits are conducted on the aged debtors reports and this reporting information is provided to the Doctors for review
It is essential you will have:
- At least 3-5 years previous patient billing experience (including advanced knowledge of inpatient/surgery billing using Eclipse)
- Previous billing experience, either in Accounts Payable, Receivable or Hospital Billing Positions alike
- Exception customer service and communication skills including the ability to manage conversations with patients and Doctors regarding outstanding payments
- Outstanding time management and organisational skills, with the ability to independently prioritise your workload
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in your day to day work
- A solid understanding of the Private Health system, including insurers and hospital funds
To apply and register your interest for these up and coming opportunities within Litton Andrews, please email your application in the first instance to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Cathy Litton directly on 0422 888 040