Litton Andrews (LA Medical Recruitment) providing a Total Medical/Healthcare Recruitment and Consultancy Service with the best staffing, practice and business solutions.
Our client, an established and leading solo surgical specialist practice located around the inner city suburbs of Brisbane is actively looking to expand and introduce a full time Clinical Nurse/Administrator to join their team.
The position will work closely with a Surgeon, Senior Clinical Nurse and Medical Support Team who continually strive to maintain highest quality patient care.
This is a full time permanent position offering the right candidate 38 hours a week, Monday to Friday. Flexibility to cover earlier starts or later clinic finishes from time to time will be a requirement.
Your day to day responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Triage of new patient referrals in conjunction with the medical support team/reception
- Managing all patient related communication and correspondence with other specialists and GPs
- Providing assistance to the Senior Clinical Nurse with pre operative and post operative patient follow up, advice and care
- Minor wound care (no specific specialty experience required)
- Providing patients with support and education on surgical procedures
- Preparing surgery quotes and booking surgery procedures
- Providing support with the transcription of consultation summaries and sending of all outgoing correspondence
- Preparing patients for hospital admissions
- Providing relief reception and administrative support to the front desk during busy periods
To be closely considered for this position, you will have:
- Previous experience and current nursing registration as an Enrolled Nurse or Registered Nurse along with solid administrative skills
- The enthusiasm to take ownership for the development of this newly created position
- Excellent understanding of medical terminology and acronyms
- Demonstrated ability to build caring relationships with patients
- Ability to prioritise multiple tasks and work autonomously within a small team setting
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Sound computer/IT skills (including knowledge of Genie software, MS Office Suite and Mac platforms)
A generous salary will be offered to the successful candidate.
For further information about this position, please contact Cathy Litton today on 1300 434 133 or 0422 888 040 (a/hours). All applications should be directed in the first instance to firstname.lastname@example.org